Support monthly social program for Holocaust Survivors (Worcester)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Jewish Family & Children's Service of Greater Boston
Times of day
A few hours per week
Congregation Beth Israel
15 Jamesbury Drive
Café Hakalah is a monthly social and cultural gathering of Holocaust survivors. The goal of Café Hakalah is to offer Holocaust survivors:
- A reason to leave their home
- An opportunity to talk and make connections with other survivors
- Intellectual and cultural enrichment
Café Hakalah Volunteers attend the café and assist staff with registration, greeting guests, and serving food. Russian speaking volunteers may also be asked to help with translation. Help is also needed to drive survivors to and from the event.
The café lasts for about two hours and is generally held monthly, with future dates (beyond December 6th) to be determined.
Volunteers may sign up to help at one or more Café Hakalah events.
- Experience with elderly people
- Russian language skills a plus
- Have daytime availability
- Be able to travel to Worcester
- Provide a minimum of two references
- Undergo a CORI check
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Please either email us or fill out the volunteer application at the above URL to get started!