Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Sustainable Bolivia (SB) is a 501(c)3 non-profit with projects in the Bolivian Amazon focused on regenerative agriculture, education, youth development, the arts, sustainable tourism & global health. SB also assists grass-roots organizations through the provision of human and financial resources, scholarships and grant-funding.
SB is looking for a Communal-Living Coordinator to share experiences in a large communal volunteer home. The Coordinator’s main responsibility will be organizing community events such as shared dinners, parties, yoga/dance classes, workshops, language exchanges and art exhibitions.
The coordinator will ensure that house tasks are shared and that volunteers feel supported. Acting as a crucial link between SB staff and the volunteer community, the selected applicant will work closely with our team of international and local employees, to ensure the best experience possible.
Some duties of the Resident Coordinator’s responsibilities may include:
Volunteer Introduction and Orientation
- House & City tours
- Introduction to Host Organization
Promoting Shared Living Experience in SB Houses
- Establishing systems of communal living
- Involving new volunteers in SB community
- Sustainable living: recycling, compost, natural cleaning products
Sustainable Bolivia events
- Event Preparation (pot-luck dinners, yoga classes, workshops, etc.
- Organize weekend trips
- Encourage and support volunteers to participate in the shared community
This position is an opportunity to implement creative ideas for promoting success in a communal, sustainable, living environment.
- Experience in living in a communal environment
- Passion for implementing sustainable practices in the work and living environment
- Project Management and Program Administration skills
- Creativity and initiative in problem solving
- Sense of humor and flexible attitude
- Professional Spanish Language Ability (Fluency Preferred)
The Coordinator will have the opportunity to live and interact with inspiring people from around the world, and participate in a creative, dynamic cultural community. The ideal candidate is outgoing, professional, and loves to interact with a variety of people from a variety of different backgrounds.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Please contact our staff if interested: email@example.com
Send an email to the above address stating your reasons for applying with your CV attached. Applications will be received on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until the appropriate candidate is found.