A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Professional Relations Coordinator
Reports to: Professional Member Relations Director
Time: 5-10 hours per week
Location: Flexible within the U.S.
The Professional Relations Coordinator (PRC) is the main connection between professional members and ESW-Headquarters. They communicate with professional members to inform them about ongoing HQ initiatives and track/implement any feedback. They also work with the other PRCs to develop and implement new initiatives that support our goals of growing our professional membership across the U.S. while empowering them to solve some of the world’s biggest sustainability challenges.
About Engineers for a Sustainable World
Engineers for a Sustainable World is a nonprofit network made up of people passionate about technical sustainability. We consist of 1,500 student and professional members across 50 chapters at colleges and universities. We work to empower engineers to tackle the biggest sustainability challenges of the 21st century. ESW members have created everything from solar charging stations on college campuses to devices that collect waste in rivers to community-designed structures that promote earthquake resilience.
The PRC will be responsible for:
- Managing and improving ESW’s Mentorship Program
- Developing and implementing new Professional Member programs
- Managing a community of ESW alumni and members, including consistent communications via our ESW Global Slack and email
- Tracking and maintaining our members on Nation Builder, ESW’s CRM (if you aren’t familiar with CRMs, we’ll teach you!)
- Attending weekly Professional Relations Department meetings (meetings are scheduled based off the availability of all volunteers in the department)
- Reporting back out to and communicating with the Professional Relations Director and Executive Director
- Your friends would describe you as a “people person”; you have high emotional intelligence
- At least 1 year of professional engineering or non-profit experience
- Experience using digital tools such as Google Suite, Slack, and video conference (we use Zoom).
- Passion for sustainability and technical problem solving
- Leadership experience
How To Apply
Apply here: http://www.eswglobal.org/volunteer