Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The Climate Mobilization is seeking a dynamic, experienced organizer to develop and manage an organizing program focused on empowering local chapters to move their governments into emergency mobilization to combat the climate crisis.
- Defining, tracking, and improving key success measures for active chapters
- Managing onboarding processes for new local chapters
- Cultivating leadership and recruiting skills of volunteer organizers
- Developing communication systems that local organizers can use to most effectively communicate within and across chapters
- Corresponding regularly with representatives of local chapters; providing resources as needed and conveying local needs and challenges to TCM central team
- Facilitating group calls and trainings
- Advising local organizers on building relationships and coalitions with other aligned community groups
- Communicating between local chapters and TCM central team to identify and obtain opportunities for media coverage in regional and national media outlets
- Working with the TCM central team to design, implement, and oversee plans for decentralized campaigns and strategies for local groups
- Assisting in strategic organizational planning as necessary
- Representing The Climate Mobilization in regional and national coalitions, at events, and to the general public, as needed. This may include attending conferences and gatherings of other organizations and networks.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working within volunteer-based local and/or national organizations, especially in coalition-led campaigns
- High comfort level with online communication and task management platforms
- Commitment to TCM’s message of climate truth, urgency, and inclusiveness
- Ability to motivate and inspire others, a sense of humor
- Effectively prioritize multiple responsibilities and manage time
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Experience in managing and working respectfully with people from diverse backgrounds
- A collaborative spirit, ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Understanding of climate and progressive politics, especially at a local level, and ability to learn quickly
- Relationships with community organizers, non-profit organizations and other advocacy groups in the areas of climate justice or related social justice issues.
- Familiarity with national and regional climate movement landscapes
- Interest or experience with social movement strategy and structures
- Multilingual (especially in Spanish)
How To Apply
Please fill out the application linked here. Thanks!