Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Volunteer in Morocco and promote and advocate for the rights of disabled people, especially children and women with special needs, and help provide them with adapted professional training.
The volunteers will support an association which started in 1988 as a platform for promotion of the human rights of people with disabilities. Nowadays, their objectives and missions grew wider. They are active in different areas:
• Raising public awareness about disability-related issues.
• Achieving independence for disabled persons through adapted advice and assistance.
• Socio-economic integration of disabled persons through education, training and employment.
• Advocacy for disabled people’s rights in front of public and private institutions
• Media interventions and research on the topic of disability.
• Organization and participation in associative demonstrations, congresses, summits, workshops, seminars, etc.
The association has opened a leather workshop where they offer professional training and are implementing literacy classes. They are also in the process of opening an education, information and cultural center.
The volunteers will participate in the everyday running of the association and will assist in the organization of leisure activities and workshops. They can ask to work on any of the different activities and sections of the association, and if they express any preferences they will be oriented to where there is need of extra hands. They will work about 6 hours a day, Monday to Friday.
The volunteer placements are from 2 to 12 months.
More information and enrollment: http://cadip.org/volunteering-in-morocco
Volunteering Worldwide: http://cadip.org
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Please visit http://cadip.org for more information.
☎ USA: 646-657-2900; 617-841-0400; 310-882-7400
☎ Canada: 416-943-4900; 514-316-8500; 604-628-7400