8660 Ash Street
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for talented, passionate and committed individuals to volunteer approximately 5-7 hours a month. Richmond Family Place depends on the skills and expertise of a well-diversified board for effective oversight. We welcome a diverse range of knowledge, experience and skills. Preference will be given to individuals with expertise in early childcare, healthcare and fundraising, but we encourage all interested persons to apply. A good understanding of social issues impacting Richmond would be an asset as well.
Duties & Responsibilities of Board Members :
This is a governance board, focused on a demonstrated commitment to Richmond Family Place’s mission. Duties include attending monthly board and committee meetings, as well as occasional community and fundraising events. Board members are advocates for Richmond Family Place and contribute to our fundraising efforts at a level meaningful to them.
Board members are expected to:
• Attend and actively participate in monthly board and committee meetings by reading agenda, minutes and other reports, listening and sharing views
• Contribute skills, knowledge, influence, time, wisdom and other assets
• Stay informed on issues that affect Richmond Family Place and the families we support
• Support and participate in fundraising efforts and special events
• Create awareness of, and support for, all services provided by Richmond Family Place
There are multiple openings and start dates are flexible, though we would prefer those who could start by October 2018 at the latest. Board meetings are held in the evening on the last Thursday of every month. Childminding is available.
How To Apply
For further information or to submit your application (cover letter and résumé), please contact Sandra Li-Seller.