- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Volunteers Initiative Nepal (Empowering Marginalised Communities)
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Nepal’s water resources continue to be depleted. While water sources dry up, flash floods destroy homes and lives. While existing water sources continue to be polluted with human, animal and chemical waste, remaining resources are inadequately managed. Industry, agriculture and an increasing population are all in competition for Nepal’s precious water resources.
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
Project: Environment: Water Project Research - Allocation & Conflict
Program: Environment & Conversation
Start Dates: 1st and 15th of each month
Language Requirements: English (Basic Nepali phrases provided)
Food and Accommodation: Nepali standard with host family in the working community
Key Activities: interview local people, companies, organizations, documentations and much more
Beneficiaries: Local Community of Bagmati Basin
Working Hours: 5 to 7 hrs - 5 to 6 days per week
Required Qualifications and Skills: Degrees or relevant experience in water and sanitation, or associated disciplines (Hydraulics, Hydrology, Water Management, Civil Engineering, Public Health).
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
- Complete this online Application form;
- Attach your updated resume/curriculum vitae (CV) with two referee's contact details(refarances can be for your work/university/family);
- Await confirmation from VIN for acceptace;
- VIN will confirm payment and send pre depature pack online;
- Full payment for the volunteer placement should be paid during your induction.