Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
5335 Wisconsin Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
The DC Volunteer Lawyers Project (DCVLP) trains and supports volunteer attorneys to represent domestic violence victims and at-risk children in court. Volunteers can gain in-court, supervised litigation experience in as little as two weeks.
- Free, comprehensive trainings - available both in-person and online
- Mentorship by an experienced supervising attorney, who reviews all written work and accompanies the volunteer to court
- Access to an extensive online resource library, including sample motions
- Malpractice insurance, office space, and much more
In our Domestic Violence Program, volunteers help victims of domestic violence achieve safety and independence by representing them in protection order, custody, and divorce cases. In our Child Advocacy Program, volunteers serve as a voice for children in cases where serious risk factors are present, such as parental drug addiction or family violence.
- Training Provided
- Language/Cultural Support Available