A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
222 West Merchandise Mart Plaza
About this Job
The Difference Engine, a fast growing nonprofit tech startup organization focused on empowering nontraditional web developers located in downtown Chicago’s Merchandise Mart (1871) is looking for a volunteer Event Manager to join TDE. The selected candidate will work very closely with the CEO/Executive Director. She’s not that bad!
You will be immersed in a high tech, high growth environment within 1871’s tech incubator structure as well as the organization. This is an opportunity to attend workshops, events and conferences focused on business development, marketing, social media, finance, and more. <—Those are the perks!
- Event planning, design and production while managing all project delivery elements within time limits
- Liaise with clients to identify their needs and to ensure customer satisfaction
- Provide feedback and periodic reports
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality
- Organize facilities and manage all event’s details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc
- Help promote and publicize event
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
We are looking for a successful and enthusiastic event planner to produce events from conception through to completion. Event coordinator responsibilities include providing outstanding customer service and organizing memorable events that meet quality expectations.
• Detailed-oriented and organized
• Excellent time management and communication skills
• Performance-driven attitude
Outgoing - basically not afraid to walk up to people and request selfies!
Flexible schedule - available some evenings
Mini-events are held every 2-3 months
Annual Event held once a year in early Spring
How To Apply
If you would like to apply for this opportunity send your resume and a few words why this role speaks to you to email@example.com.