Looking for a passionate development leader to become a part of driving our continued success
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Contra Nocendi International
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Contra Nocendi International, an international human rights NGO registered in Paris, is looking for a driven leader and passionate human rights activist with a background in development and fundraising to be a key part of our leadership team. We have successfully represented human rights victims at the UN and at the African Commission. We have intervened to gain the release of innocent persons held in pre-trial detention. We have held governments accountable for their poor treatment of LGBTIQ+ persons. Now we want to do more. We look forward and not back as we seek a future of more impact and sustainability for our organization. In order to do this, we are looking for a dedicated development person to take the reins of our develop programming and drive it.
This position in held remotely, but we welcome applicants from the Paris region as well.
- C1 or Native French Speaker with working knowledge of English at a level that allows you to converse in English on conference calls.
- Passion for Human Rights, Past human rights experience a big plus
- Comfortable speaking in public forums
- Natural leadership abilities. You naturally take ownership of driving success
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience with engaging all levels of donors from foundations to individuals making small donations
- Grant writing experience
- Most be willing to work in a multicultural environment where sexual orientation and gender identity expression rights are respected.
- Ability to work remotely
Additional positive attributes
- Experience in Africa or working on human rights, development or humanitarian issues in Africa
- Formal training in human rights
- Experience working with colleagues based in other countries from your own.
- Social Media experience
- Past experience leading development efforts
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
If you are interested, please send a covering letter and a CV in English or French to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Head of Development” in the subject line.
Please note that this is a volunteer position. Given our budgetary constraints and considerations, we are unable to provide any remuneration of any kind.