Times of day
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Krong Siem Reap
Siem Reap Province
TITLE: Teacher Trainer
REPORTS TO: Head Teacher
This is an exclusive opportunity for someone who seeks to volunteer for a not-for-profit organisation with strong ethical standards and high integrity. Our Hands-Across-the-World volunteers are a selected group of professionals who proud themselves in contributing to HATW’s mission to influence Cambodia’s education system.
Hands Across the World (HATW) provides teacher training to Cambodian teachers who are working or volunteering at a non-government school with little or no formal teacher training.
We make it our mission to empower locals to spread quality education with outcomes that effect the children of Cambodia in a positive and sustainable manner.
We train the teachers to implement quality teaching techniques and a sustainable outcome focus. These teachers then spread their skills and knowledge within their remote community schools to the children.
· Empowerment through education
This is a 30 weeks interactive, high quality teacher training course, weekly on Saturdays from 1-4:30pm. In this course you, as the trainer, will evaluate the struggles, aims and needs of the teacher-trainees and take these into consideration while training these teachers to be the best they can be in their class.
· Someone who inspires to learn.
· Someone who can develop others personal, academic and social abilities.
· Someone who can help others to take responsibility to help develop themselves.
· Someone who helps grasp new concepts in accordance with the individual learner needs.
· Someone who helps to study effectively and provides a protected and supportive learning system.
· Able to train others effectively in:
o The role and responsibilities of the teacher in the classroom
o Identifying learner differences
o Planning and staging a lesson effectively according to the learning needs and styles of the students
o Planning a scheme of work
o Writing and undertaking effective assessments
o Adapting teaching materials (course books) for the needs of their learners.
o Finding and creating materials to use within the classroom from different sources.
o Creating engaging lessons without any pre-existing material.
o Using different lesson staging techniques according to the needs of the learners.
o Managing a classroom effectively.
o Using a variety of classroom staging techniques and interaction patterns.
o Rewarding and motivating students in an effective and engaging way.
o Responding to and addressing learner difficulties.
o Planning and teaching lexis, grammar, productive skills, receptive skills and phonology.
o Working effectively with a teaching assistant /volunteer.
· Available for approximately 2 workshops per month from 1pm – 4:30pm as well as some on site evaluations of teachers, over a 30 week period starting in early 2019
· Motivated to visit your trainees and observe their lessons in their class
· Able to present a Bachelor degree in education and/or at least 5 years of teaching and training as well as mentoring experience
As with all positions, it is expected that the mission, core values and vision are exemplified by the individual filling this role.
Our volunteers are the key in our effort to broaden the margins of society. It is their work, their reaching out, that changes lives, including their own.
We encourage people to apply who live in Siem Reap and have a strong desire to help people, have an interest in people of another culture and believe as strongly as we do that education is the key in the prevention of child exploitation, slavery and poverty. If you feel this role is for you, HATW would love to hear from you!
For more information about HATW, please visit our website www.hands-across-the-world.org.
Please apply including your resume and covering letter. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers