A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
3141 B. N. Lincoln Ave.
Who we are:
- The National Runaway Safeline's mission: to keep runaway and homeless youth safe and off the streets.
- Our crisis hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY is a resoruce for runaway and homeless youth and thier families; it's free, confidential and provides support and access to resources 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
What we do:
- Crisis line volunteers 'liners' are avaiable on the phone or online to offer support and connect callers to resources such as shelter, food, medical and legal assistance.
- Liners are trained to effectively provide support and services for callers in a non-judgmental and empowering manner.
- The training program consists of 40 hours of instruction, discussion, role-plays, and on-the-job training in the call center. All training activities support the liners in learning successful active listening and crisis intervention skills.
- Volunteers are asked to commit 100 hours over a period of one year.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Please contact Volunteer Coordinator Jamin Draves at email@example.com.