A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
ABOUT ADVOCATES ABROAD
Advocates Abroad is a non-profit organization that provides pro bono legal assistance to refugees and asylum-seekers in Greece and elsewhere in Europe. Advocates in the field operate in and around detention centers and refugee camps throughout the Greek islands and mainland. Our mission is to provide legal aid to every refugee and asylum seeker in need, without discrimination or compensation. For more information regarding Advocates Abroad and our partners, please visit our website at www.advocatesabroad.org.
Advocates Abroad is currently accepting applications for the position of Research Coordinator. The Research Coordinator is responsible for managing the Research Team, which consists of volunteer lawyers and law students working remotely. The Research Team handles country background research and reports, as well as legal research. The position is remote, with availability 5-10 hours per week for a minimum period of six (6) months (longer preferred). The position is unpaid.
- Manage and coordinate a remote Research Team that handles research requests, including country background reports and legal research.
- Oversee and edit work product as necessary.
- Coordinate with Directors and legal advocates in the field on research needs.
- Completed or enrolled in a Graduate degree; law preferred.
- Excellent legal research and writing skills.
- Available to check and respond to messages daily for urgent requests.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with refugees and asylum-seekers.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, effectively, and professionally with team and external partners.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Fluent in English.
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
To apply, please submit a letter of interest and C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Research Coordinator Application.” The deadline is 7 August 2018, but applications are considered on a rolling basis so please apply as soon as possible.