Content Writer & Blogging Coordinator - Africa Education Nonprofit
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Anike Foundation
A few hours per month
About this Position
We are looking for a strong blog writer with a love for writing and an understanding for content
creation for nonprofits. You will be responsible for writing interesting and engaging articles
geared for a specific target audience and must have the ability to come up with original, relevant
and timely topics. This includes profiles of program beneficiaries, stories about all of our
programs, and research articles regarding education in Africa. In addition, this person must have
excellent leadership qualities to oversee our blogging team.
To succeed in this role, you must have excellent communication skills as this role might involve
reaching out for interviews. Additionally, adherence to deadlines is critical; in this role, you will
be expected to create a content calendar.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Impeccable grammar and punctuation
- Creativity, and the ability to come up with relevant, interesting topics
- A professional, consistent writing style
- Knowledge of G-Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Bonus: ability to create graphics using Canva/Adobe Creative Suite to accompany articles
How To Apply
To apply, please email two writing samples of between 250 and 1000 words (each) to
firstname.lastname@example.org in addition to a resume.