Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
A dedicated, self-motivated individual who is immersed in social media is needed to serve as a Volunteer Social Media Director of an international nonprofit, Building Community Bridges, Inc. (BCB). The opportunity is virtual and you can set your own hours! Put your talents to work benefitting others while being sincerely appreciated for your efforts. BCB partners with villages in West Africa to promote self-directed change that helps these communities thrive. Our current projects include partnering with a village in Ghana to assist in the development a social enterprise based on rice cultivation, providing employment opportunities, dignity and self-reliance and addressing sanitation needs in the community. While working with all villagers, we have conducted specific training and workshops for women to empower them as change agents to transform their villages into self-reliant communities. The desired candidate is flexible, innovative, timely, creative and committed and will enjoy the support and encouragement of a dedicated team. Great things are happening, and we want you to be a part of it!
Benefits of volunteering with BCB: • Build your skills in an innovative yet hands-on way. • Be part of a new exciting social venture. • Experience meaning and purpose in the difference your work makes. • Enjoy the support of people who share your interests and values. • Increase your understanding of global issues that are affecting our entire world.
Essential Duties of the Social Media Manager
· Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
· Create a social media plan.
· Oversee, design and content and create content for social media (ie: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Blog, etc.).
· Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written).
· Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads for donors and supporters.
· Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
· Manage efforts in building an online reputation, including brand recognition and development. Monitor online reviews, where applicable and respond to each review.
· Compile reports for management showing results.
· Become an advocate for the company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
· Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
· Implement ongoing education to remain highly effective in role.
· Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations for social media change.
· Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
· In all of these endeavors, clearly articulate the position and mission of BCB.
Qualifications and Experience
· Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media. (Give links to profiles as examples).
· Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
· Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
· Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
· Proficient in content marketing theory and application (desired, not required).
· Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing (preferred, not required).
· Exhibits both creative and analytical abilities.
· Demonstrates a working knowledge of the online blogging environment (desired, not required).
· Is a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when as needed (ie: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management).
· Possesses good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- International Volunteers