Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Our Mission Statement:
Sharing the Dream in Guatemala is a non-profit organization that promotes fair trade with cooperatives and small businesses in Guatemala. We are committed to providing fair wages and employment opportunities to low-income artisans, which will result in creating sustainable markets for their products.
Jewelry Group Volunteer
Sharing the Dream is looking for a full-time volunteer to assist with the beading and jewelry project in Santiago Atitlan, Guatemala. Created as a way to promote sustainability of the Elder Center, the Bead Project creates beautiful beaded jewelry and accessories that are sold in both local and international markets through on-site and wholesale orders. The Bead Project not only economically supports the Elder Center, but it gives young Guatemalan women the opportunity for stable employment, access to new skills, and the ability to refine their creativity, while earning a fair wage for their work.
The Jewelry Group Volunteer position is responsible for assisting the Bead Project staff in day to day activities, as well as for helping to grow the project. This position requires a mix of creativity, interest in beadwork and jewelry, interest in fashion and trends, computer skills and knowledge of social media and publicity.
- Assist the bead project with new and creative product design ideas
- Work with staff on trends, color combinations, and quality control
- Create promotional materials for products, Bead Boutique, and workshops and undertake publicity and promotion for the project
- Find new fair trade markets for products produced in the bead project both within Guatemala and internationally
- Assist the Bead Project Assistant in taking product photos and updating product catalogues
- Help with merchandising and display of products in the Bead Boutique
- Other work as needed within the bead project
- Basic communications skills in Spanish
- Creativity and interest in beadwork, jewelry, fashion and trends
- Knowledge of social media, preferred knowledge of publicity
- Good computer skills
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
To apply, please fill out the volunteer application form on our website http://www.sharingthedream.org/volunteer-opportunities.html
For more information, please contact Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org