The Safe Haven Network's Board of Directors is a dedicated group of local professionals committed to the promotion and expansion of available pet services for domestic violence survivors. The Board monitors the activities of the organization to ensure that they uphold the mission of The Safe Haven Network, including the financial position of the organization. The Board engages in fundraising efforts, both collectively and individually, and in increasing visibility for both the organization and the issues we address in our community.
We are looking for enthusiastic candidates with prior board experience who are eager to help us build a strong foundation for future organizational growth.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the mission of The Safe Haven Network
- Connect The Safe Haven Network to new corporate contacts or foundations
- Donate or assist in securing donations for The Safe Haven Network with an annual give/get minimum of $1,000 for Executive board members and $500 for Associate board members
- Promote The Safe Haven Network's mission and programs in the community
- Track business and community concerns that can be addressed by The Safe Haven Network's mission, objectives, and programs and provide support to SHN staff accordingly
- Attend and participate in meetings and program events on a regular basis
Length of Term
Board Members serve a two year term. There will be an annual review of each member by the board officers to determine continuation of board membership. If a member cannot fulfill his/her responsibilities then he/she may be asked to leave prior to the end of their term.
The Board of Directors meets bi-monthly and keeps in contact between meetings via email and social media. It is important that all members attend these meetings to hear organizational updates, report their progress, present new leads and/or request support from other members/staff.
Members are encouraged to attend and participate in SHN fundraising and community events, including our annual Domestic Violence Awareness Month Supply Drive and Pints for Paws fundraiser.