Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Passerelles numériques (PN), a non-profit organization, is dedicated to enabling highly disadvantaged youths, through their abilities and their commitment, to access education and technical and vocational training, in the sector of Information Technology. We work to build strong employability which will allow them and their families to sustainably escape poverty, and contribute to the social and economic development of their countries.
Established in Cambodia, the Philippines and Vietnam, Passerelles numériques currently trains 342 students and employs 98 people based in these three countries including a small team in France.
Passerelles numériques relies on the financial and skills sponsorship of several corporate partners such as Accenture, Econocom, Microsoft and Société Générale and also receives support from individual donors.
In Cambodia, Passerelles numériques started its mission in 2005, with a training center based in Phnom Penh. PN Cambodia offers a two-year vocational training program for young people in precarious situations. Today, PN Cambodia (PNC) trains 100 students and graduated 1389 young disadvantaged since 2005.
- CONTEXT AND MISSION
The PNC team has created a new curricula for its two year training program in which there is an intensive English course where students will learn English 6 hours a day. This course takes 13 weeks (the 13th week will mainly focus on a project). The objective of the new English curriculum is to improve the English level of the students from the beginning of the program so that they will be better prepared to study more advanced IT topics in the second year.
To do that, we are looking for a Native English Speaker Teacher (2 total). The mission is to teach the course with the assistance of our local Cambodian English teachers and the materials developed by our Cambodian English teachers. However, it’s more than welcome if s/he wants to use some of his/her own materials adapted to our students. Besides teaching English, the English Teacher will be also involved in soft skills trainings and a “Learning to Learn” module.
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver the course using interactive methods, discussion, and a “learning by doing” approach
- Evaluate students with both formative and summative assessments
- Maintain a process of feedback for each lesson
- Evaluate each lesson and give ideas for future improvement
- Collaborate with local colleagues to address training issues and share ideas with the Training team for more effective teaching methods
- Develop tools and teaching tips
The assignment will be conducted between 3 and 4 months, full time from Monday to Friday.
- SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA in Education, Pedagogy or similar field, Teaching credential or TEFL preferred
- Minimum 1 year of teaching experience preferred
- Autonomous, well-organized, flexible and creative
- Language: English – native
- STATUS AND CONDITIONS
- Local volunteer contract (no allowance)
- Full-time job basis (teaching 6 hours a day during 12 weeks, & coaching & observing students during the 1 week project)
- Housing in students dormitory can be provided, a bicycle, and meals at our cafeteria for less than $1
- A fun and exciting workplace with 1 week integration in province
- HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Housing Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
CV and cover letter