A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
2004 Schiller Avenue
About Victor’s Vision
Victor's Vision is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping underprivileged Latin American youth achieve their dreams. Victor’s Vision works in Chulucanas, Peru and is the only non-profit organization working in this region. Through Victor’s Vision’s after-school programming, underserved children receive the supplemental academic and personal support, guidance, and resources necessary to dream and pursue their dreams through education.
Victor’s Vision was inspired by a ten-year-old boy named Victor several years ago, when the founder of Victor's Vision asked Victor what he wanted to be when he grew up, and he simply replied that he had no dreams and no future because he was a poor Peruvian and that’s how it would always be. This seemed utterly unfair, and Victor's Vision was created in March 2010 and is designed to serve children like Victor.
All students enrolled in the program receive fifteen extra hours of schooling per week, daily personal mentorship, nutritional supplements, psychological support, and individualized guidance toward higher education. Victor’s Vision’s four core programs— academic classes, character development, nutrition, and parent workshops—have been designed to provide impoverished students with the resources, support and guidance necessary to pursue higher education as a means to escape poverty.
By providing these students with such a program, Victor’s Vision hopes to instill in its students the desire and confidence to learn to dream and dream to learn. Victor’s Vision is a 501(c)3 certified non-profit. Learn more about Victor’s Vision at victorsvision.org.
Development/Outreach Coordinator Description
Victor’s Vision understands that many students have the desire to raise awareness about the need for education in developing countries and to work with Victor’s Vision’s programming, but may not have the time in a professional setting. The Development/Outreach Coordinator position is designed to give students and interested individuals the opportunity to work with Victor’s Vision during their semester and within their busy schedules and make a valuable contribution to our cause. Development/Outreach Coordinators will work directly with the Director of Fundraising and Internships and will collaborate within our network.
· Create and host at least one, preferably two, personal fundraising events and promote via social media and online advertising. Past events have included Zumba classes, bake sales, online crowdfunding, partnerships with local venues, and more!
· Attend and promote events in your local area hosted by other team members via social media, online advertising, and other advertising initiatives.
· Document & manage donors and prospective donors.
· Collaborate with local vendors to place and sell Victor’s Vision custom stationery and pottery plates/bowls within local stores.
· Work on additional administrative, partnership, outreach, and grant writing projects according to your interests, desires, and skillset.
· Attend check-ins, either remotely or in-person depending on location, bi-weekly.
· Creativity is encouraged! We want you to leverage your own networks and bring your own ideas to the table.
· This opportunity can possibly be extended an additional semester depending on success and interest.
Our team is here to support you with fundraising ideas, informational fliers, and other support materials. Even small donations make a great impact at Victor’s Vision towards providing our students with scholarships and other resources needed to pursue their education. No amount of money or idea is too small to make a difference.
· Previous experience hosting fundraising and outreach events is preferred.
· Ability to work both as a team member and independently.
· Self-initiative is highly desired, as this is a remotely based opportunity where self-accountability is a must.
· Organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task.
· Flexibility and ability to “think-on-one’s-feet”.
· Creativity and comfort in an innovative role is desired.
· Friendliness and willingness to meet new people.
· A passion for education and youth, and a desire to work within a mission-driven organization.
Successful completion of a semester with us will enable you to enjoy the following benefits:
· An invitation to visit Victor’s Vision in Chulucanas, Peru
· Academic credit, as coordinated with your academic institution
· If available, training in Salesforce customer relationship management (CRM) software
· The ability to use Victor’s Vision as a reference for future job or university applications
· A customized working session on your cover letter and resume for future applications
· A "Certificate of Appreciation" you can add to your portfolio
· An endless amount of gratitude from our staff, students, and families!
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers