Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
1 Centre St.
Position Summary: Big Apple Greeter is currently seeking a Volunteer Assistant to to support our November 2 and fundraising event and year-end campaign.
Mission: Launched May 1992, Big Apple Greeter is an independent non-profit corporation. Its mission is to enhance New York City's worldwide image and enrich the New York experience by connecting visitors with knowledgeable and enthusiastic volunteers. A very small, dedicated staff and a committed corps of volunteers help Big Apple Greeter promote a friendly image of New York and create opportunities for New Yorkers to show pride in their city and give something back to the city
Duties and Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Executive Director this person would be responsible for producing a successful fundraising event. Responsibilities would include:
- Suggesting options for appropriate reception venues.
- Supporting the preparation of guest lists with the Executive Director.
- Supporting the graphic designer
- Coordinating donor and event mailings, including invitations and save-the-dates.
- Training and assigning volunteer staff to perform administrative tasks related to the event, including working at the event itself.
- Assisting with tracking and entering event donations and ticket and sponsorship purchases.
Qualifications: This person should have:
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks
- Good computer skills
- Strong attention to detail.
Time Commitment: 2 days a week; flexible hours.
How To Apply
Contact Alicia Pierro, Executive Director, 212-669-2364, email@example.com