A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
1012 Torney Avenue
The Immigration Advocates Network supports access to justice for immigrant communities by creating and sharing resources for nonprofits, pro bono attorneys, and immigrants.
We are currently processing and shipping orders of Know Your Rights cards to our partners across the U.S. These cards are a vital resource in protecting the basic human rights of immigrants when encountering police or immigration officials.
This is a new volunteer position that will be supervised by the Program Manager in San Francisco. This is an ideal position for a student or retiree who want to learn more about immigration law and community service, or for anyone who wants to take action to support immigrant communities and their allies.
As part of the team, you will work on:
- Processing new orders for Know Your Rights Cards
- Following packaging and shipping office procedures
- Tracking all outgoing orders
- Following up with partners after their orders have shipped
- Update mailing lists and library resources
- Testing new features in products
- Help as needed with other projects
- Experience in using google sheets and excel
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Desire to help immigrant communities and those that serve them
Location: San Francisco Office (1012 Torney Ave, San Francisco, CA 94129)
Hours: 8 hours per week, either one full day or two half days. A minimum of a 3 month commitment.
Compensation: None. However we are willing to work with you to apply for scholarships or class credit through your school.
To apply: Send a resume and cover letter in .pdf format to Sebastian Zavala, Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Volunteer Immigration Advocate Assistant” in the subject.