Teen Leadership Program Facilitator - Peru
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by The Light and Leadership Initiative -- Huaycan, Peru
La Iniciativa de Luz y Liderazgo
Are you passionate about empowering teens in leadership capabilities? Do you have leadership/mentorship experience? Do you want tangible experience working with a grassroots non-profit in another country?
The Light and Leadership Initiative is a grassroots non-profit based in Huaycán, Peru that focuses on sustainable community-based educational and empowerment programs. Our Teens' Program (ages 13-17) is searching for a qualified individual to facilitate a Teen Leadership Program that gives the students access to leadership skills and opportunities.
The primary focus of the program would be to:
- Assist in the development and implementation of a leadership curriculum
- Support Teens in the development of their leadership projects
- Teach weekly leadership classes
- Create, support, and monitor leadership projects
- Promote the leadership program within the Huaycán community
Recent examples of projects the teens have developed include an animal vaccination program, environmental cleanup projects, as well as a natural disaster relief program for victims of severe flooding.
This position requires advanced Spanish language skills in addition to prior leadership experience. The position is looking for a minimum commitment of 8 weeks to successfully administer aspects of the program starting January 10th onward!
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers