Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Do you live and breathe 4WD vehicles and motorcycles? Do you have the skills to effectively develop training modules that will teach students how to safely operate them in the classroom and in hands-on experiences?
JAARS operates a maintenance, operations, and safety course for those preparing to go overseas and for nationals in overseas locations. We also maintain our own off road training course on campus that offers students practical application.
Share your knowledge and expertise so that staff on the field can safely reach their destinations and help make Bible translation and language development possible!
- For full-time volunteer or staff who raise their support
- Able to work in the US
Coordinate all Land Transportation training including, but not limited to, curriculum development, instructor training, certification, record keeping, and training exercises.
- Oversee and coach training instructors
- Standardize the training curriculum and train staff to instruct the modules developed
- Maintain training records of all department staff and entities where training was delivered
- Assist the Office Manager in creating a schedule of required training and maintenance tasks
- Interface with the Aviation and Maritime Training Departments
- Instruct students in maintenance, safety, and operation of vehicles and motorcycles
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Experience and Education
- Knowledge and solid experience in the safe operation of 4WD vehicles and motorcycles
- Ability to communicate well (written and oral), effectively, and engage students while teaching
- Good computer skills and ability to learn Access and Excel software
- Willingness to gain further training and development
- Prior training experience is highly valued but not required
- Capable of sharing and clearly explaining technical matters
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry located on a beautiful 500+ acre campus south of Charlotte, NC. We have nearly 100 guest housing units, recreational areas, a swimming pool, auto shop, mailroom, library, cafeteria, RV Park, childcare facilities, and youth ministries.
We have a variety of campus operations, housed in 20 buildings, with more than 500 JAARS and partner organization staff serving. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and with other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
1. Seek God Above All
2. Serve in Love
3. Act with Integrity
4. Steward God’s Resources with Courage
5. Pursue Excellence
6. Collaborate with Respect
7. Create a Culture of Innovation
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
How To Apply
- Proof of health insurance
- Be self-supported, or receive funds through another organization
- Ages 14-17 may serve if accompanied by a responsible adult
- Agreement with our Statement of Faith
- US citizen or green card holder
A variety of short-term to one-year, on-campus, fully-furnished housing units are available for volunteers who serve a minimum of 40 hours per week per couple, or 20 hours per week per single. Units include phones, WiFi, kitchens, bedding, and towels. An RV park with hookups is also available. Call Housing for pricing and to make reservations. 704.843.6020