Grants Researcher/writer - Fundraising Consultant
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by African Diaspora United for Development
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
District of Columbia
Founded in 2014, ADUD is a non-partisan, non-profit organization created to ultimately empower African diaspora communities worldwide, by engaging and partnering with individuals, businesses, agencies, and institutions in a collaborative effort to heavily contribute to the educational and social development of Africa and to build a stronger community.
The vision of the African Diaspora United for Development (ADUD) is to improve the partnership opportunities for our African diaspora communities, so that together we can stand strong to address the social and educational issues and lacks in Africa. ADUD staff and trained volunteers will educate, connect people to resources and encourage community collaboration addressing subtopics including but not limited to health, youth, families, welfare and community development. Our programs are developed in direct response to community need.
This is a remote Volunteer position. Although in-person meetings may occur if necessary. Work hours are flexible and perfect for college students seeking professional experience.
Duties Include but not limited to:
- Research new grant opportunities and maintain communication with the fundraising and project management team.
- Write, compile and submit LOIs and grant proposals to foundations, government agencies and corporations.
- Write grant proposals and financial reports.
- Develop and write grant reports, produce written reports for renewal and cultivation of potential and existing donors.
- Research new foundations/grants to apply for funding.
- Table at awareness and fundraising events.
- Must have interest in development and fundraising.
- Provide support in sending mailings and invitations.
- Develop fundraising strategies for donations and donor acquisition.
- Should have previous experience writing grants for nonprofit organizations.
- Must possess a passion for human service and Philanthropy
Is a plus:
- DC Metro Area, but not required
- Interest in the African diaspora.
Compensation: This is Volunteer position but we are confident that as we get funded it will convert to a paid position
Time Commitment: Flexible/As needed (or 20hrs per week).
How To Apply: Applicants can email a resume, cover letter, references, and online work samples (optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews are conducted via telephone and/or Google Hangouts.
Deadline: Rolling Admission