Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
337 17th Street
The Graphic Designer will work with our Creative Director on designing visuals for Asante Africa Foundation's marketing campaigns, and other collateral about the organization's events. This position is effective immediately and can become a long-term opportunity.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create graphics for marketing campaigns
- Banners for website, blog, and sm platforms
- Event graphics and print materials
- Photo retouching
- Collaborate with the marketing team on concepts and strategy
- Assist the graphic designer in a variety of projects
Preferred experience and skills in:
- Adobe (must have their software)
- Writing & Communicating
- Preparing images for print & the web
- Meeting short deadlines and work requirements under pressure.
- Having the ability to work from home and attend regular/weekly virtual meetings is a plus.
ASANTE VOLUNTEER POSITION NOTES:
To be successful as a member of the Asante Africa Foundation team, you will also need to
§ Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact an up-and-coming non-profit organization
§ Be an innovative and creative thinker - you are not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so
§ Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
§ Have a strong work ethic, take the initiative, and require minimal direction § Work well independently as well as part of a team
§ Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
§ Directly impact Asante Africa’s efforts to fund education-related projects that enhance knowledge, skills, and opportunities for hundreds of children in East Africa
§ Be part of a highly-motivated nonprofit organization run entirely by volunteers
§ Gain insight into the day-to-day operations of a nimble, results-orientated, high-growth nonprofit organization
§ Have the opportunity to see your ideas and contributions implemented § Build your resume and gain references for future employment opportunities
This is an unpaid, volunteer position.
How To Apply
If you are interested, please submit an application form at http://www.123contactform.com/form-1909920/Volunteer-Application