A few hours per month
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
St. Anthony Foundation
150 Golden Gate Avenue
The Tech Lab is the Tenderloin’s only free technology center specializing in bridging the digital divide and looking for technology solutions for issues of poverty. The Tech Lab provides direct services to over 100 homeless and low-income individuals through classes in basic and intermediate computer skills, specialty workshops, one-on-one tutoring, and drop-in access.
The Tech Lab Guest Associate Volunteer is the initial contact for all Tech Lab guests, setting a welcoming and respectful tone. This volunteer position involves direct customer service including: troubleshooting computer issues, ensuring adherence to Tech Lab policies, and helping create an optimal learning environment while maintaining guest confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills – Word, Excel, Outlook, data entry, data search, internet research.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills including problem resolution and customer service.
- Desire and/or experience engaging with diverse and low-income populations, many of whom have experienced homelessness, substance abuse and/or trauma.
- Bi-lingual preferred (English/Spanish), but not required.
- Punctual, reliable, collaborative, and team-oriented.
- Mondays and Fridays: 9:30 – 11:30 AM & 2 – 4 PM
- Tuesdays & Thursdays: 9:30 – 11:30 AM & 2 – 4 PM
- Saturdays: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM & 12:30 – 2:30 PM
- Sundays: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM & 12 – 2 PM
Commitment: 3 month minimum. Weekly shift preferred but, not required!
Location: 150 Golden Gate Avenue, 3rd Floor
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
If you are over 16 years of age, fill out a volunteer application on our website!
We will contact you after we review your application. This position will require a brief interview.