Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Gayaza - Zirobwe Road
WHAT ARE OUR GAPS?
Despite the fact that we carry out the above activities, as a team we have challenges which we realized require a committed, dedicated and professional person (s)/volunteer (s) to support. As a team we assessed ourselves and realized that we do not have the technical capacity to do resource mobilisation for our organisation and yet most of the activities we implement require both financial and non financial resources. We are limited in number and we find difficulties to move long distances on foot regularly to mobilize and engage communities in our activities. We lack adequate skills and expertise to write fundable proposals and concepts for funding. We have limited computer skills which cannot help us to do online fundraising because it requires a lot of follow-ups, data, and the terminologies used are above our knowledge. We have limited skills and knowledge which cannot be of good help to design good projects and also write good activity reports. We lack connections with international individuals, CSOs and private sector to hinge on to increase our visibility and source for funding.
We believe Idealist will be a reliable platform and a torch in our efforts to find committed, dedicated and experienced international volunteers, groups and families who will accept to invest in time to technically support CHO to address the concern mentioned above. We want to make it clear CHO does not have the capacity to accommodate the volunteers and also meet medical expenses. CHO is ready to learn from the volunteers. We hope that our failure to contribute to any of the above will not affect our appeal.
- Bachelor degree or post graduate in Business, development studies or any other related field
- At least 5 years experience in successful proposal/concept development
- Computer literate especially with internet
- At least 2 or 3 years in successful online fundraising or have the capacity to do fundraising online.
- Adequate skills of report writing
- Committed to work with people with less capacity
- Good communication skills with the local people.
- Ability to adapt to the local environment
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Any person interested to volunteer, is required to write an email requesting for volunteer application form. Once the form is availed to you, you must return with your curriculum vitae and pass port photography.