Times of day
A few hours per month
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Santiago De Los Caballeros
Jose’s Hands offers scholarships to dental students, 1st year medical school and 4th year pharmacy students only.We have formed an unique and strong partnership between Jose’s Hands, and Blanca’s House (BH). Together we will harness the expertise of dedicated health and medical professionals to address a myriad of health challenges in the Dominican Republic.
The main goal of our medical mission is to provide medical care to a large number of underserved people in the area of Santiago, Dominican Republic, a 5-day trip to provide medical help to an underserved community in the DR. Students will be led by Dominican and American medical professionals, Blanca’s House differentiates themselves from other medical mission organizations because they pride themselves in offering patients a variety of medical procedures and surgeries in areas including dentistry, gynecology, gastroenterology, plastic-surgery, general surgery,orthopedic surgery, dental care and surgery , audiological services, and ENT services.
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Specialties: Orthopedic Surgery (knee replacements), Ophthalmology (cataracts)
Language/Cultural Support Available
How To Apply
The mission cost covers shelter, ground transportation within Ecuador, three meals per day, tips/gratuities, and extra medications for patients.
- Friday: Depart JFK to Dominican Republic
- Saturday: Transportation to hospital, Unpack cargo, set-up and begin surgeries in afternoon.
- Sunday: Rounds, Surgeries 7:00 am – completition. (usually 12-14 hours)
- Monday: Rounds, Surgeries 7:00 am – completition. (usually 12-14 hours)
- Tuesday: Rounds, Surgeries 7:00 am – completition. (usually 12-14 hours)
- Wednesday: Rounds, Pack and sort medical supplies, Afternoon rest and relaxation, Closing remarks and celebration.
- Thursday: Depart to JFK
International students should check with their specific country of residence (country with whom they hold passport) to determine if there are any necessary papers or forms required for travel to a specific country. Blanca’s House requires a color copy of every volunteer’s current passport as part of their application process. This is submitted to the host country. Blanca’s House obtains the necessary work visa for each member of the team.