DC Net Impact Board of Directors - VP of Finance (Treasurer)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by DC Net Impact Professional Chapter
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
1300 Pennsylvania Ave
About DC Net Impact:
DC Net Impact (DCNI) Professional Chapter inspires, educates, and equips the Washington DC metro community to use the power of business to create a more socially and environmentally sustainable world.
DCNI aims to empower our network of professionals to use the power of business to foster positive social, economic and environmental impact. We leverage our unique position in the Washington DC metro area to cultivate sustainability within the private, nonprofit and public sectors. We contribute to the growth and development of professionals throughout their careers by providing high quality events and workshops that facilitate networking and create learning opportunities in the areas of corporate social responsibility, social entrepreneurship, nonprofit management, international development, green business management, environmental sustainability and other related fields.
Net Impact, our parent organization, is an international nonprofit whose mission is to empower a new generation to use their careers to drive transformational change in the workplace and the world.
DCNI Board of Directors
DCNI is entirely volunteer-run. The Board of Directors is the governing body of the organization and is responsible for creating and executing organizational strategy and providing quality programming to our membership. Serving as board member is an excellent professional development opportunity and a way to support an important cause.We are looking for a motivated individual with a strong interest in social impact who would like to take a leadership role with our chapter and help further our mission.
As a DCNI Board member you will:
- Dedicate 10 - 20 hours per month to DCNI activities for a 1-year renewable term
- Perform the duties and responsibilities of your specific board position (see below)
- Decide on important DCNI governance matters such as organizational budget, strategic plan, recruitment of new board members, overall programming strategy and other
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Represent the Board at DCNI events and serve as a DCNI ambassador in the community
VP of Finance (Treasurer)
The VP of Finance is responsible for managing all financial activities. The VP sits on the Finance and Operations committee.
- Develop strategy for financing chapter activities and long-term financial sustainability
- Develop and manage the annual DCNI budget
- Manage chapter bank account and Paypal account, and ensure appropriate spending
- Track and record all transactions in the General Ledger and prepare quarterly reconciliations
- Process reimbursements
- Provide additional support to the Finance and Operations committee as necessary
Board Perks and Benefits
Serving on the DCNI Board is a serious commitment and also a rewarding experience. Here are the main benefits you will enjoy:
- Gain leadership experience
- Build new skills / refine existing skills / apply existing skills in a different setting
- Professional development opportunities (Leadership Center for Excellence Board Member Training)
- Build key relationships with like-minded people
- Access and connect with a vast, diverse professional network
- Serve on a nonprofit board
- Support a great cause
- Attend DCNI events for free (except events priced at $20 or more)
- Board retreat
- Additional discount (25%) to NI annual conference
- Chapter Leader Session of conference
- Training Provided