Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Aziza’s Place is a locally registered non-profit, grassroots learning & development center for underprivileged children in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. The children live in local communities and come from vulnerable families that have been marginalized from wider society, struggling to earn a living and to provide for their family. Our holistic programs and services provide the children with opportunities for intellectual, emotional, and physical development, which are key to their advancement into a balanced adulthood.
We are looking for a creative person, passionate about our cause and holding relevant experience for helping us in our online communications: news items, social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.) and website management.
We look for volunteers throughout the year. Start and end dates can be discussed upon receiving your application.
The following summarizes what the current volunteer role will entail
Joining our NGO, you will be able to help improve our online visibility and reach, create more awareness for our cause, build our online presence and help us share what we do every day at our center.
Supported by our staff, you will be able to contribute in many different ways:
- Help manage our social media channels and create short stories and videos about our daily activities and the special events in our children’s lives with the purpose of launching these on our social media channels
- Assist our English teacher in setting up and realizing creative projects, document these projects, and create short stories and/or videos about these projects to share online.
- Help create stories for and make updates to our website. Help improve our website (contents, structure, etc.).
- We have many ideas for projects, in video but also photography. Depending on your period of stay, we will decide together which projects are realistic to take on and finish by the end of your stay. We are also very open to hear your ideas: once you are here, we can brainstorm together and define projects together.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be working on-site with our team and children.
For this position, the following skills and experience is required:
- You have a good experience with and passion for online communications: social media, video editing, storytelling and/or website development
- You possess a proficient level of English
- Experience with Asian and Cambodian culture (through previous travels or work experiences) is a plus
As we work with children, successful applicants will need to provide a scanned image of their passport, a police check from their country of residence.
What you can expect as a volunteer at Aziza’s Place
You will join a small, open and warm-hearted NGO, entirely focused on helping children and their families from the poorest communities in Phnom Penh. Part of a young team, you’ll have a fun environment to work in. We are flexible and easy going.
At the same time, you’ll learn to understand the situation some families in Cambodia have to live in and get a good submersion into the Cambodian culture and lifestyle (also, majority of staff is Cambodian).
We help you get around in Phnom Penh and invite you to join us in after work activities (no obligations of course!).
We provide a monthly stipend and offer daily lunch with our staff and children.
- Stipend Provided
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers