Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Do you enjoy working with people of various ages and abilities in buildings/grounds maintenance, construction and landscaping? Do you have repair, construction, or maintenance experience?
Work with weeklong volunteer mission teams to facilitate the projects they choose to do, all the way from start to completion. Help inspire others to see how their service is making Bible translation possible.
Coordinate the preparation and projects for weeklong visiting volunteer Mission Teams from churches and schools.
- For full-time volunteer or staff who raise their support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Prepare cost and time estimates for projects for Ministry Teams.
- Plan and coordinate materials and staffing for each project.
- Manage the work performed by Ministry Teams.
- Ensure appropriate safety procedures and maintenance standards are followed.
- Work on day-to-day facilities maintenance tasks and projects when not planning for or working with a team.
- Report to administration.
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Requirements and Experience Desired
- General maintenance, construction, and estimation experience.
- Good public relations and communication skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two or more years’ experience in basic management skills.
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry located on a beautiful 500+ acre campus south of Charlotte, NC. We have nearly 100 guest housing units, recreational areas, a swimming pool, auto shop, mailroom, library, cafeteria, RV Park, childcare facilities, and youth ministries.
We have a variety of campus operations, housed in 20 buildings, with more than 500 JAARS and partner organization staff serving. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and with other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
1. Seek God Above All
2. Serve in Love
3. Act with Integrity
4. Steward God’s Resources with Courage
5. Pursue Excellence
6. Collaborate with Respect
7. Create a Culture of Innovation
How To Apply
- Proof of health insurance
- Be self-supported, or receive funds through another organization
- Ages 14–17 may serve if accompanied by a responsible adult
- Agreement with our Statement of Faith
- US citizen or green card holder
A variety of short-term to one-year, on-campus, fully-furnished housing units are available for volunteers who serve a minimum of 40 hours per week per couple, or 20 hours per week per single. Units include phones, WiFi, kitchens, bedding, and towels. An RV park with hookups is also available. Call Housing for pricing and to make reservations. 704.843.6020