Teaching and organizing activities for vulnerable children in Kenya
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by CADIP
In this project we'll work with a community development group which was founded in the year 2015 by a group of community members who were concerned about the various factors affecting the community without social structure to address them. The group achieves its objective through seeing a just and healthy society, which is able to address the issues and needs of orphans and vulnerable members of the society. They do this through seeking and building capacities of communities to be self-reliant and enabling the community members to improve their living standards, enhancing the provision of basic needs to the orphans and vulnerable children through a comprehensive support system.
The group also addresses jiggers eradication, HIV/AIDS awareness and drugs and substance abuse within the community. The group has also been participating in many events such as community health outreach, school education programs and agricultural field days to empower the community to be self-reliant. The group has also made significant achievements like medicare and jiggers treatment through outreach sessions where the vulnerable members are assessed and treated.
• Skill development through teaching of Creative Arts, Drawings, English and simple Mathematics subjects
• Organizing games and extra-curricular subjects for the kids
• Farm work which includes digging, weeding, watering and planting of crops
• Assisting with preparation and serving of meals to support the feeding program
• Guiding and counseling programs and offering psychological support to the children
Project dates: October 7 - October 26, 2018
Find out more about this and other volunteer opportunities in Kenya at: http://cadip.org/volunteer-in-kenya
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
CLICK HERE to sign up and learn more!