Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
9875 North 85th Avenue
City of Peoria Youth Sports is looking for volunteer youth basketball coaches for the upcoming spring season! As a volunteer coach, you'll have the opportunity to be a positive role model for our youth while teaching sportsmanship, basketball skills, and teamwork.
Peoria sports leagues are a recreational, non-competitive setting with equal playing time. Coaches are required to attend 1 practice and 1 game per week for 6 week season. As a coach, you can choose your practice day, time, and location (Monday or Wednesday nights only). The age divisions for basketball are: 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, and 11-13.
As a coach, you'll receive:
- Coaching credit for future season
- Volunteer coach T-shirt
- Reserved indoor practice space at local schools.
- Practice equipment
- Training sessions at coach meeting
- Resources such as practice plans, line up sheets, drills, etc.
- Practices start week of June 4th.
- Games are on Monday or Wednesday nights at various sites. Times range from 5pm - 8 p.m.
- Ages 18+
- Complete coach application
- Complete online background check
- Attend coach meeting
For more information, contact City of Peoria Sports at 623-773-7137 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
To apply, please fill out the online coaches application (link above).
After we have received your application, we will contact you with the next steps.