Do you have a dog that inspires smiles? Come lend us a paw!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Paws and Think, Inc.
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
We serve Marion County and the surrounding counties.
1346 N. Delaware St.
We love bringing a smile to the faces of those in need!
Thank you for your interest in Paws & Think, a leader in using the Human-Animal Bond to enhance lives in the Indianapolis community. We are currently looking for volunteers in our canine-facilitated therapy programs.
ANIMAL ASSISTED INTERVENTION PROGRAMS
We offer Animal Assisted Activity classes and evaluations, as well as providing liability insurance for our Therapy dog teams. Take your registered therapy dog to interact with children and adults in many settings.
- Improve a childs reading and comprehension skills by allowing the child to read to your dog at the library or school
- Assist children through the grieving process in an upbeat, structured program
- Help a senior reconnect with the world through the affection of your dog
- Provide comfort to patients and visitors in hospital settings and hospice care
- For those who have the desire to help but lack the time, consider making a tax-deductible donation to Paws and Think, Inc.
How To Apply
Please visit our website, www.pawsandthink.org, to find the Volunteer Application. Background checks are required. Paws & Think values diversity and inclusion. I think you'll be excited to see all of the wonderful things we do for the Greater Indianapolis Community!
We are also looking for a volunteer graphic designer. This position may work remotely.