Volunteer for a week as a Student Leader with NW Outdoor Science School
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Northwest Regional Outdoor Science School
Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Time commitment: 1 week living and volunteering on-site between now and November 17th
Northwest Outdoor Science School is a multi-day, overnight experiential education program for sixth-grade students. Students live in and learn about the natural world in a natural setting, spending many hours each day on different science field studies. Learning takes place in small groups, and the activities are hands-on, short, interactive and fun.
College and high school students volunteer as Student Leaders for one week. They live in the cabins with the kids, engage the students in a variety of fun activities (games, songs, ice breakers, skits) and teach science field studies.
No prior camp experience is required! Nor are student leaders expected to be experts in science. You only need to be ready and willing to learn at Outdoor School. People wishing to volunteer at Outdoor School must:
1. Enjoy spending time with children.
2. Enjoy spending time in the outdoors.
3. Take initiative to engage students in activities.
4. Be responsible & mature.
5. Be enthusiastic & positive.
6. Be flexible to do whatever is needed.
7. Be able to communicate clearly.
8. Focus all of their energy on making Outdoor School as rewarding an experience as possible for students.
How To Apply
This is a one-time, one week (5-6 days) time commitment, any time between October 2nd - November 17th. Student Leaders spend the week living out at one of our 4 sites.
To apply, please email Chad Stewart (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call at 503-614-1403.