Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The Nathar Foundation, Inc offers the opportunity to serve your community as a Volunteer Dance Teacher. This is an ongoing opportunity located in Greater Nashville Area. Currently, we are looking for dancers interested in developing their teaching and choreography abilities to assist with our community dance classes. If you love volunteering, working with youth, and dance, this would be a perfect opportunity for you! You will learn a lot about teaching and working with youth while helping them prepare for a successful adulthood. The Nathar Foundation, Inc is a Christian dance program for youth ages 5-25 that works to educate, empower and equip them to overcome life obstacles through dance.
Volunteer Dance Instructors will:
Under general direction of the Artistic Director, Volunteer Dance Instructors will be responsible for creating and implementing dance choreography on an on-going basis. Develop, supervise, and conduct various dance pieces for participants ages 5-25.
We are seeking volunteers who have:
- Experience, work or volunteer, instructing beginner to advanced levels of dance, as well as, contemporary dance styles of ballet, tap, jazz, liturgical, or modern.
- Ability to create age-appropriate choreography.
- Experience with recitals, dance ministry, and public performances.
- Ability to originate ideas and concepts and translate them into visual imagery.
- Ability to conduct lessons in a group setting.
- Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to be innovative and creative.
Volunteer Dance Instructors may need to drive to Antioch TN to teach classes at one of our locations.
- Training Provided