Share your Advocacy Experience with Nonprofits in Your Community
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by 501 Commons
A few hours per month
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Do you have experience working on public policy issues as a community member or as a government, business, or nonprofit employee? Are you a community organizer, current or former elected official, or a lobbyist who knows how to influence public policy decisions? Expand the abilities of nonprofit staff and board members to advocate for changes in public policy and public opinion that make a difference for people and communities they serve.
Become a volunteer consultant with 501 Commons and contribute your knowledge of nonprofit advocacy, community organizing, public campaigns, and lobbying to a nonprofit.
Who are we? 501 Commons provides high quality, affordable consulting, coaching, and training services to nonprofits, schools, and public agencies thanks to volunteer consultants who generously give of their time and talents. The Executive Service Corps, a program of 501 Commons, is dedicated to connecting the skills and expertise of volunteer consultants with nonprofit organizations serving communities across Washington.
As an advocacy consultant, you can support nonprofits on projects such as:
· Developing a policy agenda
· Planning a public information campaign
· Training board members on lobbying policy makers and their staff members
· Providing public testimony
501 Commons Executive Service Corps members benefit by:
· Being a member of a professional network of 500+ people providing expertise to support the success and effectiveness of nonprofits
· Expanding skills that fuel personal and professional growth
· Accessing our online training, resource library, and professional development workshops and working with program managers to meet client’s needs.
How To Apply
Please visit our website or email email@example.com