Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The mission of Colorful Minds is to strengthen the lives of people living with physical and/or cognitive disabilities through art, entrepreneurship, partnerships and community.
Colorful Minds provides a unique platform to share and sell their work to create hope and healing, with the goal of providing sustainable work for these individuals. This allows the artists to seek financial independence while bolstering their self-esteem.
We are unique in that we seek to bridge vocational training centers, artists, and other community-based groups around the world for communities that are interested in purchasing their beautiful artwork. Colorful Minds aims to bridge this gap by connecting disabled individuals to retail markets around the world.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Colorful Minds’ programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. She or he will initially develop deep knowledge of field, core programs, operations, and business plans.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Actively engage and energize Colorful Minds Nonprofit volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local operations as well as for the national rollout.
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and regional expansion while simultaneously retiring building debt.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
Planning & New Business:
- Design the national expansion and complete the strategic business planning process for the program expansion into new markets.
- Work with wedding planners to increase sales of products sold by persons living with disabilities.
- Begin to build partnerships in new markets and vocational training centers, establishing relationships with the funders, and political and community leaders at each expansion site.
The Executive Director will be thoroughly committed to Colorful Minds’ mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience. This is a great opportunity for graduate students or working professionals who are looking to gain some experience in the non-profit sector.
Specific requirements include:
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Past success working in teams with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Stipend Provided