A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Milwaukee Public Library
You don't have to be a computer whiz to be a Computer Coach at the Milwaukee Public Library!
Computer Coaches can make a real difference in a person's life by helping them improve their computer literacy abilities, an essential life skill in our increasingly modern world. Coaches work one-on-one with adult learners on a variety of beginner-level computer tasks including writing emails, utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite, creating online accounts, filling out online forms, maneuvering websites and search engines, and printing and scanning on MPL public devices.
Our Computer Coach program is offered as a drop-in service meaning meaning there are no appointments and Computer Coaches are not matched with specific individuals. Computer Coaches help all patrons who show up looking for assistance on a first come, fist served basis.
Commitment: Minimum 2 Hours Per Week
Flexible Schedule: Set your own hours based own your own personal availability
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Outgoing personality with a passion for helping others.
- Enthusiasm for working with individuals from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.
- Ability to help all individuals in a friendly, patient, respectful, and open-minded manner.
- Proficient with PC Computers, the Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Browsers, and Search Engines
HOW TO BECOME A COMPUTER COACH:
Review Full Volunteer Job Description
Complete an Online Volunteer Application
Questions? Contact Danielle Wrobleski, Library Volunteer Coordinator, at (414) 286-3077 or DMWrobl@milwaukee.gov
- Training Provided
- Language/Cultural Support Available
How To Apply
To Become a Computer Coach, Complete an Online Volunteer Application