Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
3543 18th Street, #8
The Women’s Building (TWB) is a multi-cultural, multi-service center in the Mission District of San Francisco. TWB provides services and programs to empower women and girls, a home to a variety of non-profit organizations, and a community center with meeting spaces. Our mission is to provide women and girls with the tools and resources they need to achieve full and equal participation in society.
In collaboration with the SF-Marin Food Bank, the Immigrant Food Assistance (IFA) Food Pantry provides assistance to hundreds of immigrant families each week at our pantry. We support these families with food distribution including a mix of produce and dry goods and exposure to community resources related to nutrition, employment and other social programs.
Hours: 3 hours per week. Mondays 8am-11am. (This position requires a 3 month minimum commitment).
• Assist with organizing and preparing the auditorium for distribution
-unload heavy boxes from the food truck and transport the food to the distribution room
-transporting and assembling necessary equipment and tools such as dolleys, tables, chairs, etc.
• Set up food for distribution to clients, interacting with clients, and handing out food to clients
• Assist in maintaining the Food Pantry a positive, welcoming environment for participants
• Ensure food distribution room and all storage space is clean and tidy at the end of the day
• Ensure the sorting area is safe – maintain clear walkways and exits
• Work with the building janitor to ensure proper clean up of food pantry distribution area
-ensure recyclables, trash, and are disposed of properly
-clean auditorium floors and leave the room ready and available for use
• Punctuality and Reliability
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs
• Must be over the age of 18
• Attention to accuracy and detail
• Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to collaborate and work well with others in a team effort.
• Proficiency in Spanish, Tagalog, or Cantonese is a plus
• Cultural competence in working with diverse populations, including communities of color, immigrants, LGBT communities, and persons of various ages, legal status, socioeconomic backgrounds, health status, and abilities.
Benefits/ Leadership Development Goals:
• Gain experience serving a diverse community and meeting real needs of women and their families.
• Become familiar with the myriad non-profit and government services in the Bay Area.
• Develop knowledge of, and experience with, community services and program operation.
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Please email cover letter, resume, and availability to Jacqueline Moncada, at email@example.com.