A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
14717 Aurora Ave N
Seattle Area Feline Rescue is a non-profit, no kill rescue in Shoreline, Washington. Our mission is to save the lives of homeless, neglected and at-risk cats and kittens by spaying and neutering, by providing safe refuge and rehabilitation, and by finding felines permanent, stable homes.
Retail and Front Desk Reception
Purpose: To greet the public, introduce people to our adoption program, and sell retail products to guests and adopters.Requirements: 18 years or older, unless you have prior retail experience. Be able to commit to a weekly 2-3 hour shift for 3 consecutive months of service. Excellent people and communication skills. The ability to represent SAFe Rescue in a positive and appropriate manner. Ability to learn the basics of each product for sale in the retail section and guide clients towards appropriate products. Experience in customer service or retail preferred. Ability to learn to use iPad for customer transactions.
- Greet guests and potential adopters. Explain our adoption process to prospective adopters while they wait for assistance from an adoption counselor.
- Introduce new adopters to products that the retail section carries, explain the benefits of types of food, as well as proper feeding protocol based on individual cats.
- Answer the Rescue phone, answer questions or redirect to an appropriate staff member.
- Operate the iPad, handle money, and use credit card machines.
- Keep the front spaces clean and organized.
- Assist with office support during downtime.
Shift Availability: Thursdays-Mondays 12:45-2:45, 1:30-3:30, 2:30-4:30, 3:30-5:30, 4:30-6:30. 5:30-7:15. Availability of specific shifts is variable, dependent on current volunteer levels.
- Training Provided