Executive Research & Development Volunteer
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by RIA House, Inc. -- Ready.Inspire.Act
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
330 Cochituate Road
RIA House, Inc. needs YOU!
We are a local nonprofit standing with, and supporting, women with experience in the commercial sex trade and its associated exploitation, trafficking, and prostitution,by providing a range of community-based services. RIA House uses a survivor-engaged, clinical team approach, with small caseloads, and the capacity to provide mobile support to women as they move through their lives. Our model, Sisters Leading Sisters, is one of accompaniment in a journey towards wholeness and healing. We are headquartered in Framingham, with an ancillary office in downtown Worcester, serving Boston’s MetroWest and beyond.
Our priority goal is to sustain and grow our work over the next several years. Towards this end, we are looking for a resourceful, self-motivated, kind and thoughtful Executive Research & Development Volunteer to help us deepen the relationships we have with our current individual donor base, foundations, and partnership organizations; while also assisting us in growing our donor base substantially over the next year through generating new sources of revenue from grants, a broader group of individuals, corporations, foundations, and more.
This much needed Volunteer will work closely with the Executive Director, Director of Programs, and Vice Chair of the Board of Directors to support the research, development, and administrative needs related to building a donor base and deepening our program capacity. This includes researching prospective donors. helping to support our annual fundraising events, identifying and researching new revenue sources and partnerships, and providing other administrative needs as they present themselves throughout the year. S/he will play a central role in building the strategic fundraising capacity of the organization to support our work and grow our services.
Essential Volunteer Functions
· Support the Executive Director, Director of Programs, and Vice Chair of the Board of Directors through ongoing thought leadership and other strategic and collaborative decision-making processes.
· Conduct research related to current donor base and potential new individual donors, also inclusive of local businesses and related organizations.
· Identify new resources for events.
· Support mailings, website development, and other marketing functions, as needed.
· Provide administrative support ongoing with particular emphasis on the publishing of our annual report.[AH1]
Skills and Experience
· Demonstrated experience in administrative management, research, and development.
· Practice in building administrative systems and processes.
· Ability to be flexible and maintain a positive attitude when working with others of all backgrounds and experiences.
· Time to share.
· Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
• Willingness to take initiative and be self-directed.
• Respect and maintain confidentiality of RIA House participants, donors, and partners.
· Sense of humor.
· Ability to apply oneself imaginatively and entrepreneurially.
· Serious interest to be involved in a growing nonprofit organization.
How To Apply
Please include a detailed cover letter of interest with related experience, and a current resume/CV to email@example.com. Applications will be received until position is filled.
RIA House, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that actively seeks, trains, and promotes candidates from diverse backgrounds including people with lived experience, women, communities of color, the LGBTQ community, and people with disabilities.We seek to hire people from various cultures, nationalities, and ethnicities who bring a range of backgrounds, beliefs, personal experiences, and interests to the organization. RIA House believes that our differences inspire us to learn and grow, and enrich each of our lives by deepening our relationships with the people whom we do business.