Short-Term (few weeks/months)
355 Cambridge Street
Are you passionate about supporting solutions around the environment, human rights and public health challenges? Interlock Media needs you!
Interlock Media is a nonprofit, activist film company that supports informed policy by producing entertaining documentary and dramatic media works. Current works include documentaries on…...
- Improving the education opportunities for students in the context of economic disparities, race and gender.
- How Margaret Fuller’s shattered gender norms and influenced the feminist movement.
Because Interlock tackles challenging topics with an entirely independent lens, our self-funding model is critical to creating hard-hitting pieces while also training the next generation of activist filmmakers. Grants help tremendously with funding for these projects and we need a grant writer to research, identify, and petition funding agencies for Interlock Media’s projects.
This is where you come in! We need an expert in development and fundraisingto help us research, identify and submit proposals to foundation funders that recognize film’s power to spark discovery, discussion and solutions.
- Expertise in grant writing, including budget creation
- Strong research skills
- Initiative and a proactive approach
- Ability to work independently - and effectively collaborate with others - in a resource-limited environment
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
Schedule : Minimum of 25 hr/wk, full time (40 hr/wk)preferred; remote work is an option
Compensation : Unpaid/volunteer
Location : Convenient to public transportation and Kendall Square
Job Type : Volunteer; non-profit. 5-month commitment
- Grant Writing
About Interlock Media, Inc.: Interlock Media, Inc., located near Kendall Square, MA, is an activist film company that points to solutions for environmental, human rights and public health challenges. We support informed policy by producing entertaining documentary and dramatic media works.
- Training Provided