Advocacy and Communications Volunteer
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by International Rescue Committee - San Diego
Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
International Rescue Committee
5348 University Avenue
- Conduct research on elected officials, relevant legislation and other topics as assigned.
- Participate in tabling and other outreach events.
- Assist in drafting content for the IRC in San Diego’s Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Support the maintenance of an editorial calendar for digital media.
- BA in relevant field such as communications, marketing, journalism, public relations (in progress may be acceptable).
- Familiarity with social media platforms and engagement strategy, and ability to become familiar with and utilize IRC brand guidelines including writing styles and voice.
- Experience writing social media content for a company or organization preferred.
- Sincere interest in advocacy/policy work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative, self-starter with exceptional attention to detail.