Times of day
A few hours per month
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Jacobs Center for Neighborhood Innovation - Kitchens for Good
404 Euclid Ave San Diego CA 92114
ROLE: On a weekly basis, our Food Rescue Volunteer uses their personal vehicle to pick up produce from the Jacobs and Cushman San Diego Food Bank in Sorrento Valley. After arriving to the site, the Volunteer collects the desired items into plastic milk crates and then returns to the Kitchens for Good facility.
PURPOSE: The produce delivered by volunteers is used by our students to practice their culinary skills and later prepared into healthy meals for local hunger relief agencies serving populations experiencing hunger.
- Driving and communicating with partner agencies and KFG chefs
- Collecting produce on-site and packing it into crates
- Partner Site Location: 9850 Distribution Ave, San Diego, CA 92121
- End Location: Kitchens for Good, 404 Euclid Avenue, San Diego, CA 92114
- Ability to pass DMV Driving Record Screening and proof of automobile insurance
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and have access to a cell phone
- Must be punctual, courteous, and prioritize safe driving practices
SUPPORT: Food Rescue Volunteers participate in an orientation and “ride along” training guided by the Volunteer Coordinator. A schedule of shifts and protocol for shift coverage will be provided.
GET INVOLVED: Want to become a Kitchens for Good Food Rescue Volunteer? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (619) 800-7311 to express your interest in this role.
- Training Provided