New York - and thousands of other cities and towns across the United States
Over 200,000 US Military Veterans return to the civilian workforce every year, bringing skills, experiences, and a drive to succeed that the American workforce is hungry for. However, many struggle to make the leap from military to professional life - as do their spouses. As a member of the American workforce with experience in your field, you can help bridge the gap.
ACP AdvisorNet gives Veterans and military spouses the opportunity to find experienced career coaches who are ready to help them develop their next career. Veterans can ask questions related to their professional development through the Q&A feature and receive advice from industry experts across the country. Through ACP AdvisorNet's Community section, Veterans and military spouses can reach out to Advisors based on location, industry or level of experience to connect for one-on-one career coaching. Veterans can also use the site in their job search, by browsing the Jobs page to find their next career.
You, as a volunteer Advisor, have a unique opportunity to engage directly with the Veteran community and volunteer your time and talent in a meaningful way. Advisors can answer career questions and provide advice to Veterans around the country in various stages of the transition. Advisors can also write in-depth articles about topics of interest, post jobs for free and form mentoring relationships with multiple transitioning veterans.
Registering an account is free and easy, and you can beginning messaging, answering questions, and writing articles immediately. There is no minimum time commitment and you can participate as much as your schedules allows.
By sharing your experience, you can help a Veteran and their family build a meaningful post-military life. Register today!
How To Apply
1) Go on ACP AdvisorNet
2) Click on Sign Up as an Advisor and enter some basic information on yourself and your professional background
3) Get started with your free, unlimited Advisor account!
- Visit the Questions Board and answer questions posted by ACP AdvisorNet Veterans
- Search the Community section for Veterans and Advisors in your area and send a message to connect
- Post on our Jobs Board to share employment opportunities
- Write an Article about a professional development topic that you are passionate about