Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
About Milaan Foundation
Milaan Foundation Inc. is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with the mission to inspire, nurture and amplify the voices of girl leaders as empowered agents of change in their communities and the world.
Our Theory of Change
We believe in the power of girls to transform their communities to become places where there is an education for all, gender equality, and new opportunities. If we create and nurture spaces for adolescent girls to engage with self and society, then these young people will be more equipped to make better decisions for themselves and their communities. If adolescent girls are empowered to participate in decision-making processes impacting their own lives and the communities they come from, they will grow as confident leaders with the abilities to transform the lives of themselves, their families and the communities into inclusive places of opportunity and equality regardless of their caste, class, and religion.
Event Manager Responsibilities
Milaan Foundation is looking to hire a dynamic, enterprising and empathetic individual for a voluntary position of Executive Director based out of Chicago, Illinois.
This role will be responsible for executing the following duties as befitting this senior position:
1) Annual Gala Management: Ensures board aligned arrangement of ‘Celebration of Girl Leaders’ in Chicago annually.
- Responsible for organizing local venders around event.
- Participate in galvanizing local media to attend and cover event
- Responsible for overseeing Annual Gala every year
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization for the Annual Gala.
2) Communication and PR: Works with organizations and people on the ground to ensure strategic mission and all relevant news regarding gala are conveyed through proper PR channels
- Responsible for the enhancement of Milaan Foundation’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Engage local influencers for gala
- Manage PR and local communication for event
- A Bachelor’s degree at minimum, a Master’s degree preferable
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Five or more years senior event management or communications
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of Milaan Foundation’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
Actual Job Responsibilities
- Serving as Milaan Foundation’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance Milaan Foundation’s Mission through the Annual Gala
- Collaborate with organization staff in India and internationally.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts surrounding the annual ‘Celebration of Girl Leaders’
- Review and approve contracts for services in the US.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers