A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The Fulfillment Fund's Mentor Program matches traditionally underserved middle and high school students with caring adult volunteer mentors. Through supportive and consistent mentoring relationships, students are motivated and inspired to reach their fullest potential.
Who are our students?
- Our students range from 8th-12th graders in LAUSD. Students are recommended to our program by a faculty member at their school who has identified the student as someone who can use extra support. Most of our students will be the first in their families to graduate from high school and attend college.
What is the commitment?
- A Fulfillment Fund mentor is a trusted guide, an encouraging, positive force in a student's life. Our mentors commit to their student for a minimum of two years, with the intention of continuing the mentoring relationship through their student's high school graduation. Mentors meet with their student at least once a month and check in weekly via phone or text, at their convenience.
- Monthly outings are decided by the mentor-student team based on their unique interests. Examples of favorite outings include: visiting museums, trying new restaurants, going to the beach, hiking at Griffith Park, etc.
What experience do I need?
- No experience is necessary! Our mentors come from all different walks of life, ages, backgrounds and interests. All you need is to be yourself!
What services does Fulfillment Fund provide?
- Comprehensive college access services; including but not limited to: college counseling, college visit trips, SAT/ACT preparation classes, college fairs and career counseling --- at no cost to our students.
- Mentors in our program receive support from full-time Mentor Program Advisors (MPAs) that help facilitate the mentoring relationship.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
To begin the process to become a mentor fill out our MENTOR APPLICATION. ]]
Once we receive your completed mentor application, a Fulfillment Fund staff member will contact you to schedule a mentor interview in our office.