Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
An exciting opportunity for students or recent graduates who want to learn more about international development whilst amplifying the voices of marginalised women and girls.
What will I do:
·You will spend 4-8 weeks visiting Irise’s projects in Uganda and collect stories from the women and girls we work with, highlighting the impact of our work and the resilience and courage of these inspiring individuals.
·Prior to your placement you will complete a training workshop on effective storytelling and communication either in person or remotely with Irise’s UK Team.
·You will help the team mobilise the resources we need to enable marginalised women and girls to realise their full potential- in order to keep supporting girls we need everyone in the Irise family to help raise funds. We ask all our volunteers to undertake a fundraising event or activity as part of their placement- we’ll be there to help you every step of the way.
What will I need:
· A passion for realising gender equality and supporting women and girls
· A willingness to learn from and listen to our Ugandan team and the women and girls we serve
· A good camera
· About £1,500 to cover the cost of your flight, accommodation, vaccines and travel insurance.
What will Irise provide:
· We will provide some great training on storytelling and effective communication and help you plan what materials to collect during your placement. We’ll stay in touch while you’re in Uganda and help you manage any challenges.
· Our Uganda Team will help you organise visits to project sites and introduce you to women, girls and community members you can talk to. When appropriate they’ll help with communication and translation.
· We will cover the costs of in-country transport related to completing your storytelling placement.
· We’ll help you organise accommodation somewhere clean, safe and fun.
How will I help:
· The materials you collect will be used as part of Irise’s campaigns throughout the year. You will help us inspire more people to support marginalised women and girls.
· The funds you raise will directly help our Uganda team reach more girls- you will get to see the impact in action during your placement.
- Training Provided
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
· Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a short cover letter explaining why you are interested in the role.
· We are aiming to recruit two volunteers to work as a pair on this placement so share with a friend!
· The position must be filled by the end of May 2018 but we’re considering applicants on a rolling basis. Get in touch as soon as you can if you think this opportunity is for you.