A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
6115 S Santa Fe Drive
PURPOSE OF JOB: Field Trip Greeters assist Community Programs and Outreach staff with greeting groups arriving for field trips at The Hudson Gardens and Event Center. As the first point of contact, greeters provide a friendly, welcoming atmosphere to field trip visitors while facilitating efficient group check-in procedures. Field Trip Greeters primarily assist by orienting groups to the gardens, helping with lunch storage and the distribution and collection of program materials.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Greet and interact with field trip visitors (including students, teachers, parents, and bus drivers) in a welcoming, friendly, inviting, and professional manner.
· Assist with school group unloading, check-in, trip logistics/schedules, way finding, garden expectations and distribution/collection of program materials.
· Provide exceptional customer service when interacting with groups and the general public.
· Rove the site during educational programs, ensuring program execution, visitor safety, and compliance with site guidelines.
· Tuesday-Friday between 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM during the months of April, May, June, July, September and October.
· One shift per week commitment is preferred.
· Both indoors and outdoors, onsite at Hudson Gardens.
· Hudson Gardens volunteer shirt (provided).
· Name tag (provided).
· Closed-toe shoes.
· Must be aged 18 or older.
· Submit to and pass a criminal record and National Sex Offender check prior to acceptance into this position.
· Demonstrate comfort and ability to communicate clearly with diverse groups of people.
· Previous customer service experience or experience working with students and teachers is preferred.
· Stand, walk, and/or sit.
· Lift up to 25 pounds.
CONTACT: Community Programs and Outreach, 303-797-8565 ext. 306 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Training Provided